PROCEDURES TO OBTAIN VISA FOR NEPAL
Types of Visas
- Tourist Visa
- Original Passport and its copy (with a validity of at least 6 months from the date of intended departure from Nepal and one blank page)2 passport size photos
- A well-filled up and duly signed visa application form
- Civil Identity Card (if any)
- Kuwaiti visa (for other nationalities other than Kuwaitis who are living and working in the State of Kuwait and wish to visit Nepal)
- No Objection Letter (NOC) from the concerned company or sponsor by mentioning full name, nationality, job title, salary among others (if employed in the State of Kuwait)
(Note: The tourist visa can be extended up to 150 days in a maximum in a visa year, with the renewal only from the Department of Immigration in Kathmandu or Immigration Office in Pokhara, Nepal.)
- Diplomatic/Official Visa
- Recommendation Letter issued from the Foreign Ministry or diplomatic mission of the concerned State for diplomatic or official visa
- Diplomatic or official passport and its copy
- A well-filled up and duly signed visa application form (download visa application form here)
- passport size photos
(Note: Diplomatic visas are issued to a person considered fit to be granted diplomatic privileges by Government of Nepal and to the family members of such person holding the diplomatic passport on the basis of reciprocity.)
- On-Arrival Visa
Tourists visiting Nepal from other countries (except Afghanistan, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Iraq, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Palestine, Somalia, Swaziland, Syria and Zimbabwe) get on-arrival visa at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
- Other Visas
- Non-Tourist Visa
- Transit Visa
- Non-Residential Visa
(For details, please visit nepalimmigration.gov.np)
FOR VISA APPLICATION
|Visa Hours||09:00-13:00 hrs. (From Sunday to Thursday)|
|12 Kuwaiti Dinar (for 15 Days’ Multiple Entry Tourist Visa)
18 Kuwaiti Dinar (for 30 Days’ Multiple Entry Tourist Visa)
40 Kuwaiti Dinar (for 90 Days’ Multiple Entry Tourist Visa)
*No charges (Diplomatic and Official visa/ Minor under 10 years of age)
|Visa Processing Duration||1 Working Day (24 Hours)|
Visa Application and Distribution
- An applicant can apply for visa in person or through his/her representative (a letter of authorization needed in the latter’s case) at the Embassy of Nepal.
- The visa will be issued upon the completion of all due procedures and submission of required documents.
- Visa fees, once paid, are not refundable.
- The Embassy reserves the right to issue or refuse visa for Nepal.
- Click here to download Visa Application Form.
For further information, please contact
Department of ImmigrationKalikasthan, Dillibazar, Kathmandu
Tel : 977 – 1 – 4429659 / 4429660 / 4438862 / 4438868
Fax : 977 – 1 – 4433934 /4433935
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org